Start-up Bluestone merges with WebOn to create a leading global SaaS Company for Product Information Management (PIM)
- The combined company will offer customers worldwide a quality SaaS platform, which is recognized for its scalability, API connectivity, and microservices.
- The company will continue to build on Bluestone’s unique technology and brand to help customers transform their business models for the digital era of trade and the API economy.
- The merger is expected to be completed on May 10, 2018, following legal clearance.
- Mr. Einar Augedal has been named CEO of the combined company. He was previously the CEO of WebOn.
- Mr. Borgar Hestad, who previously was the CEO of Bluestone, will become EVP Sales and Marketing.
Palo Alto, April 18th, 2018. Bluestone, a tech start-up from 2016 providing state-of-the-art product information management (PIM) solutions, mergers with WebOn, a leading Nordic IT company providing solutions for PIM, e-commerce and omnichannel management. The combined company will offer a unique SaaS platform with features for sharing, collaborating on, and managing product information through APIs and microservices. This part of the software industry is experiencing significant growth, due to the need for manufacturers, brands, resellers, and retailers to transform their business models.
The merger of Bluestone and WebOn is a natural next step for both companies. Bluestone, a successful start-up experiencing high interest from an international market, was looking for an implementation partner to boost its global ambition. WebOn, a successful e-commerce vendor on the Nordic tech scene and with experience in implementing digital commerce solutions, was simultaneously looking for a software partner with global reach. Together, operating as Bluestone, they will offer the Bluestone Digital Commerce Platform, which is already recognized for its scalability, reliability, and API connectivity.
CEO of Bluestone
Bluestone is a rapidly growing tech company with a global presence, specializing in providing state-of-the-art SaaS software for PIM that empowers retailers to create excellent customer experience. The company has a hard-working team with offices in Palo Alto (USA), Amsterdam (Netherlands), Gdansk (Poland), Bangkok (Thailand), and Tønsberg (Norway). For more information, visit www.bluestonepim.com
WebOn is an IT company providing solutions for product information management (PIM) and omnichannel management. Since 1995, the company has developed and delivered market-leading software that allows customers to sell their products through multiple sales channels, such as in web shops, print catalogs, and other media surfaces. The combination of WebOn’s great products and technical competence makes them a leading force in implementing and operating large and complex solutions in the Nordics.